Is there anything worse than a slow, muddled, badly lit cop movie? Yes: a slow, muddled, badly lit lady-cop movie. (You get the clichés plus ersatz feminism.) In the insultingly shoddy Impulse, Theresa Russell — she of the ripe smirk and earnest-little-girl doe eyes — plays an underccver vice cop who, for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with selling the picture, keeps donning rear-zipper miniskirts in order to catch a drug dealer. Russell once seemed a promising actress (she made a fascinating modern temptress in Bad Timing/A Sensual Obsession), but in Impulse she’s set up as both a sexpot victim and an avenging Dirty Harriet. The two pulp poses undercut each other, and Russell ends up looking ridiculous — all because she can’t pout and sneer at the same time.
Impulse Is there anything worse than a slow, muddled, badly lit cop movie? Yes: a slow, muddled, badly lit lady-cop movie. (You get the clichés plus...ImpulseDrama, Mystery and ThrillerR Is there anything worse than a slow, muddled, badly lit cop movie? Yes: a slow, muddled, badly lit lady-cop movie. (You get the clichés plus...1990-04-13
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Jeff Fahey, Theresa Russell; MPAA Rating: R
Posted April 13 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Netflix renews 'BoJack Horseman,' sets 'Longmire' premiere
- U2 performs 'Two Hearts Beat As One' for the first time in over 25 years
- The story behind new Dr. Seuss book, 'What Pet Should I Get?'
- Jewel announces new album
- Vicious Brothers to direct script by writer of 'You're Next,' 'The Guest'
- Check out behind-the-scenes footage from 'Bad Blood' music video
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!