Midway through the adopted-brat-from-hell comedy Problem Child, there’s a scene in which the vicious little tyke (Michael Oliver) wreaks havoc at a baseball game, running around the bases and bopping each of the opposing players with his bat. It’s a satisfying fantasy for those of us who spent our Little League years standing at second base praying we wouldn’t bobble the next grounder. The rest of the kid’s tricks are too unimaginative to be much fun — though with jokes this lame you won’t have to worry as much about your children getting any bad ideas. D-
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Michael Oliver, John Ritter, Gilbert Gottfried, Michael Richards, Jack Warden, Amy Yasbeck; Director: Dennis Dugan; Author: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski; Producer (group): Imagine Entertainment, Universal; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight'-branded PlayStation 4 announced
- Ciara unveils timeless 'Jackie' album artwork, announces spring tour
- Watch the stars of 'Weird Loners' pitch the series to Kanye West
- You might not make it to the desert, but you can still experience Coachella
- Netflix, Marvel name Cheo Hodari Coker as 'Luke Cage' showrunner
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' finally grunts toward theaters Feb. 19
- Be a nosy neighbor with Led Zeppelin's new, interactive 'Trampled Under Foot' video
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!