Midway through the adopted-brat-from-hell comedy Problem Child, there’s a scene in which the vicious little tyke (Michael Oliver) wreaks havoc at a baseball game, running around the bases and bopping each of the opposing players with his bat. It’s a satisfying fantasy for those of us who spent our Little League years standing at second base praying we wouldn’t bobble the next grounder. The rest of the kid’s tricks are too unimaginative to be much fun — though with jokes this lame you won’t have to worry as much about your children getting any bad ideas. D-
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Michael Oliver, John Ritter, Gilbert Gottfried, Michael Richards, Jack Warden, Amy Yasbeck; Director: Dennis Dugan; Author: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski; Producer (group): Imagine Entertainment, Universal; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 10 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' poster is all about the abs
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- 'World War Z' sequel set for 2017 release
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!