Midway through the adopted-brat-from-hell comedy Problem Child, there’s a scene in which the vicious little tyke (Michael Oliver) wreaks havoc at a baseball game, running around the bases and bopping each of the opposing players with his bat. It’s a satisfying fantasy for those of us who spent our Little League years standing at second base praying we wouldn’t bobble the next grounder. The rest of the kid’s tricks are too unimaginative to be much fun — though with jokes this lame you won’t have to worry as much about your children getting any bad ideas. D-
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Michael Oliver, John Ritter, Gilbert Gottfried, Michael Richards, Jack Warden, Amy Yasbeck; Director: Dennis Dugan; Author: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski; Producer (group): Imagine Entertainment, Universal; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 10 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony