Midway through the adopted-brat-from-hell comedy Problem Child, there’s a scene in which the vicious little tyke (Michael Oliver) wreaks havoc at a baseball game, running around the bases and bopping each of the opposing players with his bat. It’s a satisfying fantasy for those of us who spent our Little League years standing at second base praying we wouldn’t bobble the next grounder. The rest of the kid’s tricks are too unimaginative to be much fun — though with jokes this lame you won’t have to worry as much about your children getting any bad ideas. D-
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Michael Oliver, John Ritter, Gilbert Gottfried, Michael Richards, Jack Warden, Amy Yasbeck; Director: Dennis Dugan; Author: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski; Producer (group): Imagine Entertainment, Universal; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 10 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!