Midway through the adopted-brat-from-hell comedy Problem Child, there’s a scene in which the vicious little tyke (Michael Oliver) wreaks havoc at a baseball game, running around the bases and bopping each of the opposing players with his bat. It’s a satisfying fantasy for those of us who spent our Little League years standing at second base praying we wouldn’t bobble the next grounder. The rest of the kid’s tricks are too unimaginative to be much fun — though with jokes this lame you won’t have to worry as much about your children getting any bad ideas. D-
Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Michael Oliver, John Ritter, Gilbert Gottfried, Michael Richards, Jack Warden, Amy Yasbeck; Director: Dennis Dugan; Author: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski; Producer (group): Imagine Entertainment, Universal; Runtime (in minutes): 81; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 10 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade