Chuck Norris is the only action hero who doesn’t seem possessed of a mean bone. He kicks and punches and karate chops, he delivers his you-are-scum-and-therefore-I-will-kill-you-now one-liners with dutiful eye contact — and all the while, he sounds like someone who teaches civics to junior high schoolers. Norris is a shade more human than those pretty-boy bone-crushers Jean Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal, but his new movie, Delta Force 2, is too much setup and not enough action. By the time he gets around to defeating a Colombian drug lord and his many grunting henchmen, even diehard Norris fans may have run out of patience. D-
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure; Starring: John P. Ryan, Chuck Norris; Director: Aaron Norris; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: MGM
Posted September 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters