To hype the Paris opening of RoboCop 2, an actor in complete RoboCop getup, accompanied by two attractive mademoiselles, cruised down the Champs-Elysees in a phony American police car passing out flyers promoting the movie. The spectacle attracted a large gathering, as well as the interest of a couple of passing gendarmes, and when Robo couldn’t produce the proper identification, he was hauled off to the slammer. There, a representative from Orion Pictures was successful in translating the term “publicity stunt” into French and the previously unstoppable cyborg cop was sprung in time for the first show.
Posted September 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big