Although she doesn’t appear in the sequel The Exorcist III, original Exorcist star Linda Blair (in her devilish heyday, right) is still possessed. These days, however, the 31-year-old actress is poking fun at her head-spinning heritage in the new comedy Repossessed. In this movie Blair plays a grown-up she-devil who torments a couple of Jim and Tammy Bakker-like evangelists. ”Those jokes that people always make when they see me, well, I finally get to laugh at them, too,” she told Entertainment Weekly. ”I think this new movie is stupid and silly. And it’s not frightening…oh, God, no.” The problem with having played such a bizarre role as a youngster, Blair says, ”is that people assume I live a very dark life. But I don’t. I definitely would like to pursue comedy.” She’d also like to pursue Jodie Foster — or at least her scripts. ”She’s in my age range,” says Blair, who has starred mainly in B movies in recent years. ”Now it’s my time to get some of those good parts.”
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!