Although she doesn’t appear in the sequel The Exorcist III, original Exorcist star Linda Blair (in her devilish heyday, right) is still possessed. These days, however, the 31-year-old actress is poking fun at her head-spinning heritage in the new comedy Repossessed. In this movie Blair plays a grown-up she-devil who torments a couple of Jim and Tammy Bakker-like evangelists. ”Those jokes that people always make when they see me, well, I finally get to laugh at them, too,” she told Entertainment Weekly. ”I think this new movie is stupid and silly. And it’s not frightening…oh, God, no.” The problem with having played such a bizarre role as a youngster, Blair says, ”is that people assume I live a very dark life. But I don’t. I definitely would like to pursue comedy.” She’d also like to pursue Jodie Foster — or at least her scripts. ”She’s in my age range,” says Blair, who has starred mainly in B movies in recent years. ”Now it’s my time to get some of those good parts.”
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Magic Mike' star: 'Channing Tatum does not like me'
- Benny Boom in talks to step in as director of Tupac biopic
- Andrew Lincoln tells you what is coming up next on 'The Walking Dead'
- See the Mountain from 'Game of Thrones' toss a keg 23 feet in the air
- Hear Beyoncé on Coldplay's new song