On his second album, No Fences, country’s hottest new ”hat act” continues to display a wide streak of individuality. Garth Brooks offers the same mix asany other traditional country performer — ballads, honky-tonk, and the occasional kick-‘em-up rhythm tune — but he usually finds off-the-wall ingredients to put in it, such as ”The Thunder Rolls,” a cheatin’ song cast in a Gothic mold. He also has a feel for white-trash anthems, like ”Friends in Low Places,” in which a likable clod declares, ”Blame it all on my roots/I showed up in boots/ And ruined your black tie affair.” Like Elvis, Brooks knows how to make lower class sexy. A
No Fences On his second album, No Fences, country's hottest new ''hat act'' continues to display a wide streak of individuality. Garth Brooks...No FencesCountry On his second album, No Fences, country's hottest new ''hat act'' continues to display a wide streak of individuality. Garth Brooks...1990-09-21
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Garth Brooks; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!