On his second album, No Fences, country’s hottest new ”hat act” continues to display a wide streak of individuality. Garth Brooks offers the same mix asany other traditional country performer — ballads, honky-tonk, and the occasional kick-‘em-up rhythm tune — but he usually finds off-the-wall ingredients to put in it, such as ”The Thunder Rolls,” a cheatin’ song cast in a Gothic mold. He also has a feel for white-trash anthems, like ”Friends in Low Places,” in which a likable clod declares, ”Blame it all on my roots/I showed up in boots/ And ruined your black tie affair.” Like Elvis, Brooks knows how to make lower class sexy. A
No Fences On his second album, No Fences, country's hottest new ''hat act'' continues to display a wide streak of individuality. Garth Brooks...No FencesCountry On his second album, No Fences, country's hottest new ''hat act'' continues to display a wide streak of individuality. Garth Brooks...1990-09-21
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Garth Brooks; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More