An advertising executive (Hill Street Blues’ Veronica Hamel) is raped by a lawyer (Dear John’s Judd Hirsch). She has him prosecuted, but the case is thrown out when the jury deadlocks. The lawyer-rapist then turns around and files a multimillion-dollar slander suit against Hamel’s character. In its commendable attempt to avoid sensationalizing the rape and making the slander- suit twist believable, She Said No is played at a slow, low-key pace-so slow and low-key that it quickly becomes tedious. Lee Grant gives a fine performance as Hamel’s tough attorney, and Hirsch is effective as a supremely confident sleazeball, but as drama, She Said No is a well-meaning bore. C-
She Said No An advertising executive (Hill Street Blues' Veronica Hamel) is raped by a lawyer (Dear John's Judd Hirsch). She has him prosecuted, ...She Said NoDrama, Crime, TV Movie09/23/1990 An advertising executive (Hill Street Blues' Veronica Hamel) is raped by a lawyer (Dear John's Judd Hirsch). She has him prosecuted, ...1990-09-21
Genre: Drama, Crime, TV Movie; Starring: Veronica Hamel; Series Premiere: 09/23/1990; Broadcaster: NBC; Status: In Season
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!