An advertising executive (Hill Street Blues’ Veronica Hamel) is raped by a lawyer (Dear John’s Judd Hirsch). She has him prosecuted, but the case is thrown out when the jury deadlocks. The lawyer-rapist then turns around and files a multimillion-dollar slander suit against Hamel’s character. In its commendable attempt to avoid sensationalizing the rape and making the slander- suit twist believable, She Said No is played at a slow, low-key pace-so slow and low-key that it quickly becomes tedious. Lee Grant gives a fine performance as Hamel’s tough attorney, and Hirsch is effective as a supremely confident sleazeball, but as drama, She Said No is a well-meaning bore. C-
She Said No An advertising executive (Hill Street Blues' Veronica Hamel) is raped by a lawyer (Dear John's Judd Hirsch). She has him prosecuted, ...She Said NoDrama, Crime, TV Movie An advertising executive (Hill Street Blues' Veronica Hamel) is raped by a lawyer (Dear John's Judd Hirsch). She has him prosecuted, ...1990-09-21
Genre: Drama, Crime, TV Movie; Starring: Veronica Hamel; Broadcaster: NBC
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!