Jan Egleson’s black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that’s also one of the most enticingly intimate portraits of American corporate life ever put on screen. Michael Caine’s performance as a vengeful New York advertising executive inspires incredible empathy, even as it draws you into deeper and deeper levels of amoral glee. Peter Riegert plays Caine’s loathsome antagonist. A
A Shock to the System Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...A Shock to the SystemComedyAndrew KlavanPT91MR Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...1990-09-21
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert; Director: Jan Egleson; Author: Andrew Klavan; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!