Jan Egleson’s black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that’s also one of the most enticingly intimate portraits of American corporate life ever put on screen. Michael Caine’s performance as a vengeful New York advertising executive inspires incredible empathy, even as it draws you into deeper and deeper levels of amoral glee. Peter Riegert plays Caine’s loathsome antagonist. A
A Shock to the System Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...A Shock to the SystemComedyAndrew KlavanPT91MR Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...1990-09-21
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert; Director: Jan Egleson; Author: Andrew Klavan; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!