Jan Egleson’s black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that’s also one of the most enticingly intimate portraits of American corporate life ever put on screen. Michael Caine’s performance as a vengeful New York advertising executive inspires incredible empathy, even as it draws you into deeper and deeper levels of amoral glee. Peter Riegert plays Caine’s loathsome antagonist. A
A Shock to the System Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...A Shock to the SystemComedyAndrew KlavanPT91MR Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...1990-09-21
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert; Director: Jan Egleson; Author: Andrew Klavan; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More