Jan Egleson’s black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that’s also one of the most enticingly intimate portraits of American corporate life ever put on screen. Michael Caine’s performance as a vengeful New York advertising executive inspires incredible empathy, even as it draws you into deeper and deeper levels of amoral glee. Peter Riegert plays Caine’s loathsome antagonist. A
A Shock to the System Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...A Shock to the SystemComedyAndrew KlavanPT91MR Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...1990-09-21
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert; Director: Jan Egleson; Author: Andrew Klavan; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!