Jan Egleson’s black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that’s also one of the most enticingly intimate portraits of American corporate life ever put on screen. Michael Caine’s performance as a vengeful New York advertising executive inspires incredible empathy, even as it draws you into deeper and deeper levels of amoral glee. Peter Riegert plays Caine’s loathsome antagonist. A
A Shock to the System Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...A Shock to the SystemComedyAndrew KlavanPT91MR Jan Egleson's black comedy, A Shock to the System, is a satire of greed and power that's also one of the most enticingly intimate...1990-09-21
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert; Director: Jan Egleson; Author: Andrew Klavan; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted September 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!