In The 400 Blows, twelve-year-old Antonie Doinel (Jean-Pierre Leaud) plays a misunderstood kid, unloved at home and mistreated by anyone older than himself, in Francois Truffaut’s autobiographical tale. Sweet but never sentimental in its portrayal of it truant antihero, the film helped usher in the French New Wave. Its closing show — a freeze-frame of the haunted Antoine on the beach, staring out at us — is one of the most famous in movie history. But it’s there by luck: Truffaut, broke, had merely run out of film, and his editor suggested just stopping the movie. In black and white. A
The 400 Blows In The 400 Blows, twelve-year-old Antonie Doinel (Jean-Pierre Leaud) plays a misunderstood kid, unloved at home and mistreated by...The 400 BlowsMystery and Thriller, DramaMarcel Moussy, Francois TruffautPT99MUnrated In The 400 Blows, twelve-year-old Antonie Doinel (Jean-Pierre Leaud) plays a misunderstood kid, unloved at home and mistreated by...1990-09-28
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Jean-Pierre Leaud; Director: Francois Truffaut; Author: Marcel Moussy, Francois Truffaut; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!