In The 400 Blows, twelve-year-old Antonie Doinel (Jean-Pierre Leaud) plays a misunderstood kid, unloved at home and mistreated by anyone older than himself, in Francois Truffaut’s autobiographical tale. Sweet but never sentimental in its portrayal of it truant antihero, the film helped usher in the French New Wave. Its closing show — a freeze-frame of the haunted Antoine on the beach, staring out at us — is one of the most famous in movie history. But it’s there by luck: Truffaut, broke, had merely run out of film, and his editor suggested just stopping the movie. In black and white. A
The 400 Blows In The 400 Blows, twelve-year-old Antonie Doinel (Jean-Pierre Leaud) plays a misunderstood kid, unloved at home and mistreated by...The 400 BlowsMystery and Thriller, DramaMarcel Moussy, Francois TruffautPT99MUnrated In The 400 Blows, twelve-year-old Antonie Doinel (Jean-Pierre Leaud) plays a misunderstood kid, unloved at home and mistreated by...1990-09-28
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Jean-Pierre Leaud; Director: Francois Truffaut; Author: Marcel Moussy, Francois Truffaut; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'witch noir' comic 'Black Magick' casts a spell -- exclusive first look
- Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?''
- 'Maze Runner': Dylan O'Brien in new 'Scorch Trials' photo
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more
- Tracy Morgan visits Disney to celebrate daughter's birthday
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!