In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is Little Alex, who, with his droogs at the Karvoa Milk Bar, has visions of ”the old in-out” and ”ultraviolence” buzzing in his head like the tunes of his favorite composer, ”Ludwig van.” Alex’s rebellion is total until society reconditions his and turns him into a soulless conformist. Stanley Kubrick’s ”horrorshow” adaptation of Anthony Burgess’ 1962 novel has a wild, cartoonish energy, ripe color design, and a nasty attitude that predated punk by half a decade. A-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Malcolm McDowell, Warren Clarke, Patrick Magee, James Marcus; Director: Stanley Kubrick; Author: Stanley Kubrick; Producer (group): Hawk Films, Polaris Productions, Warner Bros.; Runtime (in minutes): 127; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!