In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is Little Alex, who, with his droogs at the Karvoa Milk Bar, has visions of ”the old in-out” and ”ultraviolence” buzzing in his head like the tunes of his favorite composer, ”Ludwig van.” Alex’s rebellion is total until society reconditions his and turns him into a soulless conformist. Stanley Kubrick’s ”horrorshow” adaptation of Anthony Burgess’ 1962 novel has a wild, cartoonish energy, ripe color design, and a nasty attitude that predated punk by half a decade. A-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Malcolm McDowell, Warren Clarke, Patrick Magee, James Marcus; Director: Stanley Kubrick; Author: Stanley Kubrick; Producer (group): Hawk Films, Polaris Productions, Warner Bros.; Runtime (in minutes): 127; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'