In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is Little Alex, who, with his droogs at the Karvoa Milk Bar, has visions of ”the old in-out” and ”ultraviolence” buzzing in his head like the tunes of his favorite composer, ”Ludwig van.” Alex’s rebellion is total until society reconditions his and turns him into a soulless conformist. Stanley Kubrick’s ”horrorshow” adaptation of Anthony Burgess’ 1962 novel has a wild, cartoonish energy, ripe color design, and a nasty attitude that predated punk by half a decade. A-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Malcolm McDowell, Warren Clarke, Patrick Magee, James Marcus; Director: Stanley Kubrick; Author: Stanley Kubrick; Producer (group): Hawk Films, Polaris Productions, Warner Bros.; Runtime (in minutes): 127; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!