In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is Little Alex, who, with his droogs at the Karvoa Milk Bar, has visions of ”the old in-out” and ”ultraviolence” buzzing in his head like the tunes of his favorite composer, ”Ludwig van.” Alex’s rebellion is total until society reconditions his and turns him into a soulless conformist. Stanley Kubrick’s ”horrorshow” adaptation of Anthony Burgess’ 1962 novel has a wild, cartoonish energy, ripe color design, and a nasty attitude that predated punk by half a decade. A-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Malcolm McDowell, Warren Clarke, Patrick Magee, James Marcus; Director: Stanley Kubrick; Author: Stanley Kubrick; Producer (group): Hawk Films, Polaris Productions, Warner Bros.; Runtime (in minutes): 127; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!