In A Clockwork Orange, Malcolm McDowell is Little Alex, who, with his droogs at the Karvoa Milk Bar, has visions of ”the old in-out” and ”ultraviolence” buzzing in his head like the tunes of his favorite composer, ”Ludwig van.” Alex’s rebellion is total until society reconditions his and turns him into a soulless conformist. Stanley Kubrick’s ”horrorshow” adaptation of Anthony Burgess’ 1962 novel has a wild, cartoonish energy, ripe color design, and a nasty attitude that predated punk by half a decade. A-
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Malcolm McDowell, Warren Clarke, Patrick Magee, James Marcus; Director: Stanley Kubrick; Author: Stanley Kubrick; Producer (group): Hawk Films, Polaris Productions, Warner Bros.; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 127; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing