In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title refers to piano exercises) for sleeping around, heavy drinking, and blue-collar bravado. In Bob Rafelson’s polished and observant (but rather cold) film, the character’s aimlessness and rebellion reflected America’s mood at the time. Karen Black is memorable as Nicholson’s waitress-girlfriend, Rayette, and so is Helena Kallionotes as a lesbian hitchhiker who delievers a scathing tirade on the filth of urban living. B
Five Easy Pieces In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title...Five Easy PiecesDramaPT98MR In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title...1990-09-28Karen BlackSally StruthersKaren Black, Sally StruthersRCA/Columbia Home Video
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jack Nicholson, Karen Black, Sally Struthers; Director: Bob Rafelson; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RCA/Columbia Home Video
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!