In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title refers to piano exercises) for sleeping around, heavy drinking, and blue-collar bravado. In Bob Rafelson’s polished and observant (but rather cold) film, the character’s aimlessness and rebellion reflected America’s mood at the time. Karen Black is memorable as Nicholson’s waitress-girlfriend, Rayette, and so is Helena Kallionotes as a lesbian hitchhiker who delievers a scathing tirade on the filth of urban living. B
Five Easy Pieces In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title...Five Easy PiecesDramaPT98MR In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title...1990-09-28Karen BlackSally StruthersKaren Black, Sally StruthersRCA/Columbia Home Video
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jack Nicholson, Karen Black, Sally Struthers; Director: Bob Rafelson; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RCA/Columbia Home Video
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!