In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title refers to piano exercises) for sleeping around, heavy drinking, and blue-collar bravado. In Bob Rafelson’s polished and observant (but rather cold) film, the character’s aimlessness and rebellion reflected America’s mood at the time. Karen Black is memorable as Nicholson’s waitress-girlfriend, Rayette, and so is Helena Kallionotes as a lesbian hitchhiker who delievers a scathing tirade on the filth of urban living. B
Five Easy Pieces In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title...Five Easy PiecesDramaPT98MR In Five Easy Pieces, Jack Nicholson is the drifting scion of a cultured West Coast family who has traded his musical gift (the title...1990-09-28Karen BlackSally StruthersKaren Black, Sally StruthersRCA/Columbia Home Video
Genre: Drama; Starring: Jack Nicholson, Karen Black, Sally Struthers; Director: Bob Rafelson; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RCA/Columbia Home Video
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!