”This is a shocking story,” reads a caveat at the beginning of The Wild One. ”It could never have taken place in most American towns — but it did in this one. It is a public challenge not to let it happen again.” Moody Marlon Brando and a pack of bikers descend like a biblical plague on a California town and proceed to torch and terrorize it. ”What are you rebelling against?” asks a townsman. ”Whaddya got?” Brando replies. Brando’s tight denims and defiance prefigured James Dean’s archetypal rebellion. In black and white. B
The Wild One ''This is a shocking story,'' reads a caveat at the beginning of The Wild One. ''It could never have taken place in most American towns...The Wild OneDramaPT79M ''This is a shocking story,'' reads a caveat at the beginning of The Wild One. ''It could never have taken place in most American towns...1990-09-28Columbia Pictures
Genre: Drama; Starring: Marlon Brando; Director: Laszlo Benedek; Runtime (in minutes): 79; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted September 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!