George Butler’s (Pumping Iron) cinematic elegy to the Great White Hunter, In the Blood, may be the most elaborate home movie of the year. Butler takes his young son on a safari in Tanzania, retracing a 1909 trip by Teddy Roosevelt and his son, and making the case that big game hunting is conservation-minded sport, not senseless slaughter. Though fittingly pretty and romantic, the film begs more questions than it answers. C
In the Blood George Butler's (Pumping Iron) cinematic elegy to the Great White Hunter, In the Blood, may be the most elaborate home movie...In the BloodDocumentaryPT90MPG George Butler's (Pumping Iron) cinematic elegy to the Great White Hunter, In the Blood, may be the most elaborate home movie...1990-11-02Central Park Media
Genre: Documentary; Director: George Butler; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Central Park Media
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- VMAs: DJ Khaled, Key and Peele, Jay Pharoah to cover show in lieu of host
- Christoph Waltz in talks for James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Doctor Strange' recruits 'Community' creator Dan Harmon for script assist
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...