Elizabeth Peña is about the brightest spot, and maybe the only bright spot, in director Adrian Lyne’s trumpeted and poorly received new psychological thriller Jacob’s Ladder. Peña plays the gorgeous, down- to-earth Jezzie, the lover of tortured Vietnam vet Tim Robbins, and has won raves for her exuberant sensuality. ”She’s real, but not really,” the actress says of freewheeling Jezzie. ”I had to create two different characters. Her mission was to caress (Robbins) and poke him at the same time.” Starting in January, Peña, who appeared in La Bamba and *batteries not included, will return to NBC’s offbeat Shannon’s Deal, in which she portrays the likably feisty ”super-secretary who,” she says, giggling, ”gets herself in trouble once in a while.”
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony