Author-restaurateur Ruth Adams Bronz’ superlative two-part presentation, Classic American Cooking focuses on basic American regional and ethnic recipes, using basic American ingredients. The baker’s dozen dishes are prepared with an eye on what’s happening in the pot, while Bronz provides careful instructions, helpful serving suggestions, and insights on recipe and food origins. Selected highlights: Cuban-American black bean soup, Texas red chili, Maryland crab cakes, and Louisiana okra gumbo. Ingredients are listed on-screen following each presentation. A
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!