Author-restaurateur Ruth Adams Bronz’ superlative two-part presentation, Classic American Cooking focuses on basic American regional and ethnic recipes, using basic American ingredients. The baker’s dozen dishes are prepared with an eye on what’s happening in the pot, while Bronz provides careful instructions, helpful serving suggestions, and insights on recipe and food origins. Selected highlights: Cuban-American black bean soup, Texas red chili, Maryland crab cakes, and Louisiana okra gumbo. Ingredients are listed on-screen following each presentation. A
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!