Author-restaurateur Ruth Adams Bronz’ superlative two-part presentation, Classic American Cooking focuses on basic American regional and ethnic recipes, using basic American ingredients. The baker’s dozen dishes are prepared with an eye on what’s happening in the pot, while Bronz provides careful instructions, helpful serving suggestions, and insights on recipe and food origins. Selected highlights: Cuban-American black bean soup, Texas red chili, Maryland crab cakes, and Louisiana okra gumbo. Ingredients are listed on-screen following each presentation. A
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!