Author-restaurateur Ruth Adams Bronz’ superlative two-part presentation, Classic American Cooking focuses on basic American regional and ethnic recipes, using basic American ingredients. The baker’s dozen dishes are prepared with an eye on what’s happening in the pot, while Bronz provides careful instructions, helpful serving suggestions, and insights on recipe and food origins. Selected highlights: Cuban-American black bean soup, Texas red chili, Maryland crab cakes, and Louisiana okra gumbo. Ingredients are listed on-screen following each presentation. A
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fixer Upper' stars surprise teacher with classroom makeover
- WATCH: A nun returns to her goth roots in 'Little Sister' trailer
- 'La La Land' director on the 'timeless glamour' of Gosling & Stone
- 'Willy Wonka' costars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Will Ryan Lochte get your vote on 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- 'Arrow' unveils new villain Prometheus in season 5 photos
- 'Doctor Who' star Karen Gillan cast in 'Jumanji'