Author-restaurateur Ruth Adams Bronz’ superlative two-part presentation, Classic American Cooking focuses on basic American regional and ethnic recipes, using basic American ingredients. The baker’s dozen dishes are prepared with an eye on what’s happening in the pot, while Bronz provides careful instructions, helpful serving suggestions, and insights on recipe and food origins. Selected highlights: Cuban-American black bean soup, Texas red chili, Maryland crab cakes, and Louisiana okra gumbo. Ingredients are listed on-screen following each presentation. A
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters