In certain circles, rouged pouts are getting a lot of lip service: Director David Lynch emphasized the cosmetic statement with the scarlet women of Twin Peaks and Wild at Heart: Think of Sherilyn Fenn’s red kisser, Diane Ladd’s carmine smackers, and Laura Dern’s blood-red smear. Michelle Buhler, who did the makeup for Wild, claims the look was inspired by Marilyn Monroe. ”We wanted to get the hot sexy feeling,” Buhler explains, ”from the lips that Marilyn always had.” It may have been a Marilyn impersonator who resurrected the trend. Her glossed pucker has become a signature (she sports the look again in her MTV voter-registration spot). But is it for real? Some speculate the blond one is attempting to cover up silicone injections.
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will be ‘strongest character we’ve ever had': Marvel
- Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot reflect on 75 years of Wonder Woman
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn parody Beyoncé's 'Formation'
- Jennifer Lawrence attached to star in Zelda Fitzgerald biopic
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top latest evicted guest speaks out