We did overcome,” said 29-year-old Luther Campbell, leader of 2 Live Crew, after the Miami-based rap group was acquitted on obscenity charges. They were arrested in Broward County, Fla., last June for performing a concert three days after a judge ruled their latest album obscene. Campbell celebrated the decision by getting drunk at one of the nightclubs he owns and spending the next day on the golf course. But he added, ”We ain’t coming back [to Broward]. It’s been really depressing. I don’t feel safe here.”
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!