We did overcome,” said 29-year-old Luther Campbell, leader of 2 Live Crew, after the Miami-based rap group was acquitted on obscenity charges. They were arrested in Broward County, Fla., last June for performing a concert three days after a judge ruled their latest album obscene. Campbell celebrated the decision by getting drunk at one of the nightclubs he owns and spending the next day on the golf course. But he added, ”We ain’t coming back [to Broward]. It’s been really depressing. I don’t feel safe here.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!