We did overcome,” said 29-year-old Luther Campbell, leader of 2 Live Crew, after the Miami-based rap group was acquitted on obscenity charges. They were arrested in Broward County, Fla., last June for performing a concert three days after a judge ruled their latest album obscene. Campbell celebrated the decision by getting drunk at one of the nightclubs he owns and spending the next day on the golf course. But he added, ”We ain’t coming back [to Broward]. It’s been really depressing. I don’t feel safe here.”
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan's brutal kill scene recreated with Legos
- JoJo honors Selena with 'Dreaming of You' cover in hometown
- 'Supernatural': Ackles, Padalecki discuss the effects of Mary's choice
- 'Pitch' EP explains the heartbreaking reveal behind the premiere twist
- Bryan Cranston performs dramatic reading of 'Shout Out to My Ex'
- Stephen Colbert scolds Run the Jewels for suggestive new Halloween song
- Amy Schumer on 'Formation' video backlash: 'It was never a parody'