We did overcome,” said 29-year-old Luther Campbell, leader of 2 Live Crew, after the Miami-based rap group was acquitted on obscenity charges. They were arrested in Broward County, Fla., last June for performing a concert three days after a judge ruled their latest album obscene. Campbell celebrated the decision by getting drunk at one of the nightclubs he owns and spending the next day on the golf course. But he added, ”We ain’t coming back [to Broward]. It’s been really depressing. I don’t feel safe here.”
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday