We did overcome,” said 29-year-old Luther Campbell, leader of 2 Live Crew, after the Miami-based rap group was acquitted on obscenity charges. They were arrested in Broward County, Fla., last June for performing a concert three days after a judge ruled their latest album obscene. Campbell celebrated the decision by getting drunk at one of the nightclubs he owns and spending the next day on the golf course. But he added, ”We ain’t coming back [to Broward]. It’s been really depressing. I don’t feel safe here.”
Posted November 2 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!