The reissue of the 1972 performance of Alone Together by Jim Hall and Ron Carter, the team that put modern guitar-bass duets on the map makes for enlightening comparison with ”In a Different Light,” the Harvie Swartz album. It even has versions of some of the same songs — ”Alone Together” and ”Softly as in a Morning Sunrise.” Hall, in contrast to Swartz’s partners, has perfected a sound as concise and radiant as candlelight. At times he and the agile Carter seem to merge — it’s as though one musician were playing all 10 strings. A-
Alone Together The reissue of the 1972 performance of Alone Together by Jim Hall and Ron Carter, the team that put modern guitar-bass duets on the map...Alone TogetherReissues, Jazz The reissue of the 1972 performance of Alone Together by Jim Hall and Ron Carter, the team that put modern guitar-bass duets on the map...1990-12-07
Genre: Reissues, Jazz; Lead Performers: Jim Hall, Ron Carter; Producer (group): Milestone, OJC
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!