The reissue of the 1972 performance of Alone Together by Jim Hall and Ron Carter, the team that put modern guitar-bass duets on the map makes for enlightening comparison with ”In a Different Light,” the Harvie Swartz album. It even has versions of some of the same songs — ”Alone Together” and ”Softly as in a Morning Sunrise.” Hall, in contrast to Swartz’s partners, has perfected a sound as concise and radiant as candlelight. At times he and the agile Carter seem to merge — it’s as though one musician were playing all 10 strings. A-
Alone Together The reissue of the 1972 performance of Alone Together by Jim Hall and Ron Carter, the team that put modern guitar-bass duets on the map...Alone TogetherReissues, Jazz The reissue of the 1972 performance of Alone Together by Jim Hall and Ron Carter, the team that put modern guitar-bass duets on the map...1990-12-07
Genre: Reissues, Jazz; Lead Performers: Jim Hall, Ron Carter; Producer (group): Milestone, OJC
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- How 'Grey's Anatomy' is bringing sexy back for season 12
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!