Barry Manilow, seems trapped by his past. He occasionally swings with cabaret grace on Because It’s Christmas, delivering an oldie like ”The Christmas Song” with Tony Bennett like class. Then he’ll launch into something more recent, such as ”Because It’s Christmas (For All the Children),” a song he cowrote. When he lapses into Manilowing — squeezing out the plodding crescendos that made him rich — it makes you want to burn down his tree. C+
Because It's Christmas Barry Manilow, seems trapped by his past. He occasionally swings with cabaret grace on Because It's Christmas, delivering an oldie...Because It's ChristmasPop, Holiday Barry Manilow, seems trapped by his past. He occasionally swings with cabaret grace on Because It's Christmas, delivering an oldie...1990-12-07
Genre: Pop, Holiday; Lead Performer: Barry Manilow; Producer (group): Arista
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Astronaut Wives Club' creator says Space Race will take a 'darker turn'
- See the chilling first trailer for Brie Larson’s 'Room'
- 'The Walking Dead' stars Norman Reedus and Andrew Lincoln get cheeky
- Jon Stewart addresses those 'secret' meetings with President Obama
- This Week's Cover: First look at season 6 of 'The Walking Dead'
- 19 famous writers who came alive on film
- Larry Wilmore slams hunting dentist who killed Cecil the lion
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!