Barry Manilow, seems trapped by his past. He occasionally swings with cabaret grace on Because It’s Christmas, delivering an oldie like ”The Christmas Song” with Tony Bennett like class. Then he’ll launch into something more recent, such as ”Because It’s Christmas (For All the Children),” a song he cowrote. When he lapses into Manilowing — squeezing out the plodding crescendos that made him rich — it makes you want to burn down his tree. C+
Because It's Christmas Barry Manilow, seems trapped by his past. He occasionally swings with cabaret grace on Because It's Christmas, delivering an oldie...Because It's ChristmasPop, Holiday Barry Manilow, seems trapped by his past. He occasionally swings with cabaret grace on Because It's Christmas, delivering an oldie...1990-12-07
Genre: Pop, Holiday; Lead Performer: Barry Manilow; Producer (group): Arista
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Scott Van Pelt on new midnight 'SportsCenter'
- See an exclusive clip from bonkers Italian horror movie spoof 'The Editor'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star James Pickens Jr. joins Twitter
- Telluride Film Festival lineup announced
- Shonda Rhimes & Viola Davis look back on that 'angry black woman' piece
- Sienna Miller's role was cut from 'Black Mass'
- Phantogram's Sarah Barthel explains her rad guest spot on Miley Cyrus' surprise album
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!