Christmas Party With Eddie G. is a compilation that celebrates the tacky underside of the holiday. These oldies from the late ’50s and early ’60s rejoice in the offbeat and ludicrous without coming within a 30-foot spruce of the religious nature of Christmas. Rufus Thomas does a suggestive soul strut on ”I’ll Be Your Santa Baby.” George Jones and Tammy Wynette summon up twangy domesticity with ”Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus.” And a little kid named Augie Rios bounces through ”Donde Esta Santa Claus,” in which two of Santa’s reindeer are named Pancho and Pedro. Connecting all of these ear-popping novelties are comedy bits and old radio jingles. Christmas Party is a down-and-dirty yuletide blast from the past, but it isn’t trapped there. It’s that rarest of Christmas albums — one you can enjoy all year long, year after year. A
Christmas Party With Eddie G. Christmas Party With Eddie G. is a compilation that celebrates the tacky underside of the holiday. These oldies from the late '50s and...Christmas Party With Eddie G.Pop, Holiday Christmas Party With Eddie G. is a compilation that celebrates the tacky underside of the holiday. These oldies from the late '50s and...1990-12-07
Genre: Pop, Holiday; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Strikin' it Rich
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran: British red coat at Taylor Swift’s July 4 party
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!