Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that’s what she thinks, until she sees the little girl in the store where Gilbert works. The girl slips away before Gilbert can catch up to her, sending the young mother into a tailspin of grief, worry, and doubt (did she really see the girl?). The story is complicated by Gilbert’s boss (Days of Our Lives’ Thaao Penghlis), who dresses lifelike showroom dummies, which may or may not come to life. If this thriller were any good, it would be creepy and unsettling, taking its tension from the pain of losing a child and then being tortured by the possibility that it was all a bad dream. Instead, The Lookalike bogs down in mushy melodrama. D
The LookalikeMelissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that's what...The LookalikeDrama, Crime12/12/1990Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that's what...1990-12-07
Genre: Drama, Crime; Starring: Melissa Gilbert, Diane Ladd; Series Premiere: 12/12/1990; Broadcaster: USA; Status: In Season
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'