Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that’s what she thinks, until she sees the little girl in the store where Gilbert works. The girl slips away before Gilbert can catch up to her, sending the young mother into a tailspin of grief, worry, and doubt (did she really see the girl?). The story is complicated by Gilbert’s boss (Days of Our Lives’ Thaao Penghlis), who dresses lifelike showroom dummies, which may or may not come to life. If this thriller were any good, it would be creepy and unsettling, taking its tension from the pain of losing a child and then being tortured by the possibility that it was all a bad dream. Instead, The Lookalike bogs down in mushy melodrama. D
The LookalikeMelissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that's what...The LookalikeDrama, Crime12/12/1990Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that's what...1990-12-07
Genre: Drama, Crime; Starring: Melissa Gilbert, Diane Ladd; Series Premiere: 12/12/1990; Broadcaster: USA; Status: In Season
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake