Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that’s what she thinks, until she sees the little girl in the store where Gilbert works. The girl slips away before Gilbert can catch up to her, sending the young mother into a tailspin of grief, worry, and doubt (did she really see the girl?). The story is complicated by Gilbert’s boss (Days of Our Lives’ Thaao Penghlis), who dresses lifelike showroom dummies, which may or may not come to life. If this thriller were any good, it would be creepy and unsettling, taking its tension from the pain of losing a child and then being tortured by the possibility that it was all a bad dream. Instead, The Lookalike bogs down in mushy melodrama. D
The LookalikeMelissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that's what...The LookalikeDrama, Crime12/12/1990Melissa Gilbert (Little House on the Prairie) plays a woman whose young daughter has recently died in a car accident — or at least that's what...1990-12-07Jason Lee
Genre: Drama, Crime; Lead Performer: Melissa Gilbert, Diane Ladd; Performers: Jason Lee; Run Dates: 12/12/1990; Broadcaster: USA; Status: In Season
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt