A few months ago, Showtime’s first batch of half-hour movies offered an interesting showcase for new directors and little-known actors; this new trio, unfortunately, is uniformly stinky. Little Feet is about a college freshman (Evan Richards) who arrives at his dorm to find that his roommate (Ed Gale) is a dwarf. The film, directed by Constance Grappo, is a dreary little message piece: Richards must learn that he shouldn’t make fun of Gale or feel uncomfortable around him — prejudice is bad, you know. Both The Heart of the Deal (directed by Yuri Neyman and Marina Levikova) and The Jogger (overseen by Robert Resnikoff) suffer from the debilitating influence of The Twilight Zone — both are suspense stories with surprise endings you can see coming a mile away. At least they feature good actors: Ruben Blades as a greedy accountant in Deal and Terry O’Quinn as a runner stalked by — eek! — Death himself in The Jogger. C
The Showtime 30-Minute Movie A few months ago, Showtime's first batch of half-hour movies offered an interesting showcase for new directors and little-known actors; this new trio,...The Showtime 30-Minute MovieThriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy, TV Movie A few months ago, Showtime's first batch of half-hour movies offered an interesting showcase for new directors and little-known actors; this new trio,...1990-12-07
Genre: Thriller, Sci-fi and Fantasy, TV Movie; Starring: Evan Richards; Broadcaster: Showtime Networks Inc.
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!