The credits on Redd Kross’ new release, Third Eye, list the cover model as ”unknown.” But those in the know say the naked masked woman sitting crosslegged with long hair draping her breasts is none other than Sofia Coppola, 19, Francis Ford Coppola’s daughter and steady girlfriend of Redd Kross bassist Steven McDonald. Sofia, who makes her acting debut in her father’s upcoming Godfather Part III, is thanked on the sleeve, as are Patti Smith, Barbra Streisand, Pat Benatar, Phil Spector, and Ann Magnuson. Roz Music, a stylist from No Bones Salon in L.A. who worked on the band’s cover photo shoot, says, ”Someone told me I was supposed to say no comment — I don’t know what the big deal is.”
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Queen of Katwe' story inspired Alicia Keys to write a new song
- Sebastian Stan joins Steven Soderbergh's heist film 'Logan Lucky'
- Three Rounds: Sunday Funday with the cast of 'You're the Worst'
- Teyana Taylor, star of Kanye West's 'Fade' video, cast in VH1's 'The Breaks'
- 'Phantasm: Remastered' poster: The Tall Man gets a grip
- WATCH: Here's your exclusive first look at 'Project Runway' season 15
- Marvel Tsum Tsums go from plush to digital in new mobile game
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall