The credits on Redd Kross’ new release, Third Eye, list the cover model as ”unknown.” But those in the know say the naked masked woman sitting crosslegged with long hair draping her breasts is none other than Sofia Coppola, 19, Francis Ford Coppola’s daughter and steady girlfriend of Redd Kross bassist Steven McDonald. Sofia, who makes her acting debut in her father’s upcoming Godfather Part III, is thanked on the sleeve, as are Patti Smith, Barbra Streisand, Pat Benatar, Phil Spector, and Ann Magnuson. Roz Music, a stylist from No Bones Salon in L.A. who worked on the band’s cover photo shoot, says, ”Someone told me I was supposed to say no comment — I don’t know what the big deal is.”
Posted December 7 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sharknado: The 4th Awakens' announces celebrity cameos
- See Gosling and Crowe in exclusive Mondo poster for 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Star Wars' actor John Boyega lands first major theater role
- Woody Allen first saw Miley Cyrus in 'Hannah Montana'
- Seth Rogen on 'Superbad': Some jokes were 'blatantly homophobic'
- Prince looked into drug addiction treatment ahead of death: report
- Why Olivia Munn chose Psylocke over 'Deadpool'