Two card-carrying members of the ”Kosher Nostra” here combine for one of the year’s most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas. The Brahms sonatas are among the glories of the literature, and they get warm, insightful, and yes, loving readings from Perlman and Barenboim. The latter’s playing is a particular joy; why Barenboim, who is one of the finest living pianists, has mostly forsaken the piano for the podium, where his results are much less satisfactory, is one of life’s little mysteries. A
The 3 Violin Sonatas Two card-carrying members of the ''Kosher Nostra'' here combine for one of the year's most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas....The 3 Violin SonatasClassical Two card-carrying members of the ''Kosher Nostra'' here combine for one of the year's most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas....1990-12-14
Genre: Classical; Lead Performers: Daniel Barenboim, Itzhak Perlman; Producer (group): Sony Classical
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!