Two card-carrying members of the ”Kosher Nostra” here combine for one of the year’s most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas. The Brahms sonatas are among the glories of the literature, and they get warm, insightful, and yes, loving readings from Perlman and Barenboim. The latter’s playing is a particular joy; why Barenboim, who is one of the finest living pianists, has mostly forsaken the piano for the podium, where his results are much less satisfactory, is one of life’s little mysteries. A
The 3 Violin Sonatas Two card-carrying members of the ''Kosher Nostra'' here combine for one of the year's most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas....The 3 Violin SonatasClassical Two card-carrying members of the ''Kosher Nostra'' here combine for one of the year's most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas....1990-12-14
Genre: Classical; Lead Performers: Daniel Barenboim, Itzhak Perlman; Producer (group): Sony Classical
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'
- Justin Bieber teases music video for Major Lazer collab 'Cold Water'