Two card-carrying members of the ”Kosher Nostra” here combine for one of the year’s most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas. The Brahms sonatas are among the glories of the literature, and they get warm, insightful, and yes, loving readings from Perlman and Barenboim. The latter’s playing is a particular joy; why Barenboim, who is one of the finest living pianists, has mostly forsaken the piano for the podium, where his results are much less satisfactory, is one of life’s little mysteries. A
The 3 Violin Sonatas Two card-carrying members of the ''Kosher Nostra'' here combine for one of the year's most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas....The 3 Violin SonatasClassical Two card-carrying members of the ''Kosher Nostra'' here combine for one of the year's most delightful discs, The 3 Violin Sonatas....1990-12-14
Genre: Classical; Lead Performers: Daniel Barenboim, Itzhak Perlman; Producer (group): Sony Classical
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lilly Singh admits the hardest part of filming 'A Trip to Unicorn Island'
- Amy Schumer takes on serious role in veteran drama 'Thank You for Your Service'
- 'Vinyl' showrunner Terence Winter picks his favorite vinyl record
- Starz greenlights 'White Queen' sequel 'The White Princess'
- Josh Gad to star in weight-loss comedy 'Heavy Duty'
- 'Frozen' musical sets Broadway arrival for 2018
- Will Smith praises 'Fresh Prince' costar Janet Hubert after recent barbs