At the beginning of this album, the background singers coo, ”Freddie, are you ready?” and he barely answers them with a faint ”Yes.” For the next 50 minutes or so, he similarly fails to engage his audience, an audience that has carried all three of his previous albums to the top of the R&B charts during a five-year solo career. Although he may very well repeat this feat with Do Me Again, he doesn’t quite deliver the goods this time. In his defense, he is hampered by a somewhat cold musical production: Though much of today’s popular music is generated by synthesizers and drum machines, this record sounds a little too mechanical. But Freddie Jackson doesn’t help liven things up either. On songs like the current single, ”Love Me Down,” he sings directly to a lover, but his somewhat studied approach to passion keeps her at arm’s length. C+
Do Me Again At the beginning of this album, the background singers coo, ''Freddie, are you ready?'' and he barely answers them with a faint ''Yes.'' For the next...Do Me AgainR&B At the beginning of this album, the background singers coo, ''Freddie, are you ready?'' and he barely answers them with a faint ''Yes.'' For the next...1990-12-14
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Freddie Jackson; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- 'DWTS' is bringing back Maksim Chmerkovskiy: source
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...