If you haven’t seen Janet Jackson’s new video for ”Love Will Never Do (Without You),” then you haven’t seen Janet Jackson. After years of swaddling herself from nape to toe, Jackson has decided to show herself off. In the clip she wears a low-cut shirt and a pair of scruffy jeans. Unlike her quick, hyper-aerobicized choreography on earlier videos, her moves are gliding, relaxed, and sensual. ”Everyone is surprised it’s her,” says Herb Ritts, who filmed the video. ”In this day and age, it’s not that unusual for most people to do this, but it was for Janet.” Ritts, a well-known still photographer, first shot Jackson earlier this year for Vogue, and he says she has worked hard to get into top shape. But Ritts was less interested in the way Janet looked than in the way she acted: ”She’s very shy. But as soon as I got her away from (her entourage), she was flirty and great.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!