Just in time for the new Federal ”sin tax” on alcoholic beverages comes Making Great Beer at Home, a 49-minute ”beginner’s guide to home brewing.” Host Robert P. Makuch is not the most polished speaker, but he makes up with bibulous authority what he lacks in vocal felicity. Makuch does make it clear that, while you may not need a degree in chemistry, home brewing isn’t as easy as boiling water (which, in fact, is the first of home brewing’s many, many steps). But if you pay attention and use the rewind button liberally, you should be able to replicate Makuch’s ”basic brew” and beat the Feds out of a buck or two. B+
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the full 'Uncharted 4' behind-closed-doors E3 demo
- Unauthorized Melrose Place Story in the works from Lifetime
- 'Agent Carter' Comic-Con poster, season 2 hints revealed: Peggy lands in Hollywood
- ABC reviving 'To Tell The Truth'
- Robert Downey Jr., Paul Thomas Anderson nearing 'Pinocchio' remake deal
- Michael Keaton, J.K. Simmons exit 'Kong'
- Spring Awakening returning to Broadway—in sign language
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!