Just in time for the new Federal ”sin tax” on alcoholic beverages comes Making Great Beer at Home, a 49-minute ”beginner’s guide to home brewing.” Host Robert P. Makuch is not the most polished speaker, but he makes up with bibulous authority what he lacks in vocal felicity. Makuch does make it clear that, while you may not need a degree in chemistry, home brewing isn’t as easy as boiling water (which, in fact, is the first of home brewing’s many, many steps). But if you pay attention and use the rewind button liberally, you should be able to replicate Makuch’s ”basic brew” and beat the Feds out of a buck or two. B+
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Torrey DeVitto says goodbye to Melissa Hastings
- Josh Gad boards Kenneth Branagh's 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Box Office Preview: 'Madea,' 'Jack Reacher' Battle for No. 1
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest