Just in time for the new Federal ”sin tax” on alcoholic beverages comes Making Great Beer at Home, a 49-minute ”beginner’s guide to home brewing.” Host Robert P. Makuch is not the most polished speaker, but he makes up with bibulous authority what he lacks in vocal felicity. Makuch does make it clear that, while you may not need a degree in chemistry, home brewing isn’t as easy as boiling water (which, in fact, is the first of home brewing’s many, many steps). But if you pay attention and use the rewind button liberally, you should be able to replicate Makuch’s ”basic brew” and beat the Feds out of a buck or two. B+
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' actor would love to play Spider-Man
- Hulk Hogan talks possible villain role in 'Expendables 4'
- Charter/Time Warner deal will affect 1 in 6 households
- Documentary to explore George Miller's attempted 'Justice League' movie
- 'Grace of Monaco' screenwriter live tweets Lifetime premiere
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!