Just in time for the new Federal ”sin tax” on alcoholic beverages comes Making Great Beer at Home, a 49-minute ”beginner’s guide to home brewing.” Host Robert P. Makuch is not the most polished speaker, but he makes up with bibulous authority what he lacks in vocal felicity. Makuch does make it clear that, while you may not need a degree in chemistry, home brewing isn’t as easy as boiling water (which, in fact, is the first of home brewing’s many, many steps). But if you pay attention and use the rewind button liberally, you should be able to replicate Makuch’s ”basic brew” and beat the Feds out of a buck or two. B+
Posted December 14 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!