For the past seven years comedy writer Eddie Gorodetsky has been making wacky-tacky Christmas music tapes for his friends. One compilation fell into the hands of a record company exec, who asked Gorodetsky to produce a Christmas collection for stores. Christmas Party with Eddie G. on Strikin’ It Rich/Columbia, combines offbeat holiday songs — the hot-rod pop of Untamed Youth’s ”Santa’s Gonna Shut ‘Em Down” and the Latino bounce of Augie Rios’ ”Donde Está Santa Claus” — with comedy bits and ’50s radio jingles. The collection, in Gorodetsky’s mind, is the soundtrack for a party on the other side of the tracks. ”While the parents are having their cocktail party and listening to the Harry Simeone Chorale,” says Eddie, who’s head writer of The Comedy Channel, ”the kids are in the basement dancing the frug and making out to this album.”
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!