Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills has forty black-and-white photographs from the ’70s resembling B-movie stills in which artist Cindy Sherman poses as The Girl: Girl Friday, The Girl Next Door, The Bad Girl, and so forth. The pictures comprise a set of clichés by which the American woman is defined but not, as Sherman so adventurously proves, confined. Far from a vain or self-indulgent enterprise, what Sherman has done is erase the distance between herself and her culture and that between performance and life. A+
Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills has forty black-and-white photographs from the '70s resembling B-movie stills in which artist...Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film StillsCoffee Table, Nonfiction Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills has forty black-and-white photographs from the '70s resembling B-movie stills in which artist...1990-12-21Rizzoli
Genre: Coffee Table, Nonfiction; Publisher: Rizzoli
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Netflix releases trailer for 'The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir' documentary
- Samantha Bee debriefs about The Daily Show, her new TBS comedy, and her soul
- Lifetime launches initiative to promote women in the entertainment industry
- Khloe Kardashian confirms Kylie Jenner had some help with those plump lips
- 'Bones' preview: 'They could be executing an innocent man'
- Sony orders second season of 'Powers'
- 'I Am Big Bird' directors on how the film became a love story: Watch an exclusive clip
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!