Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills has forty black-and-white photographs from the ’70s resembling B-movie stills in which artist Cindy Sherman poses as The Girl: Girl Friday, The Girl Next Door, The Bad Girl, and so forth. The pictures comprise a set of clichés by which the American woman is defined but not, as Sherman so adventurously proves, confined. Far from a vain or self-indulgent enterprise, what Sherman has done is erase the distance between herself and her culture and that between performance and life. A+
Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills has forty black-and-white photographs from the '70s resembling B-movie stills in which artist...Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film StillsCoffee Table, Nonfiction Cindy Sherman: Untitled Film Stills has forty black-and-white photographs from the '70s resembling B-movie stills in which artist...1990-12-21Rizzoli
Genre: Coffee Table, Nonfiction; Publisher: Rizzoli
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Game of Thrones fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- 'Hannibal' finale review: A perversely romantic, totally satisfying last supper
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!