No, it’s not kinky like that, even though Wendy O. Williams, dowager queen of punk, does take a turn in a leather bra. Even though the lead character in Pucker Up and Bark Like a Dog is an actress-wannabe named Taylor that works in a prison flick called Felony Girl. And even though Phyllis Diller gets fourth billing for five words and a signature laugh. In fact, this young-love story is so conventional — with a full complement of finding-the-true-thing-in-a-false-world scenes — it treats two lovers in a midnight fountain frolic as, well, unconventional. Some reasons to rent this movie, in the likelihood you missed it on the big screen, include lively performances by as-yet unknowns (Lisa Zane as Taylor, along with Sal Lopez as a wisecracking busboy with a very full tray). In addition, the mirror on Hollywood’s own hardscrabble backlot always fascinates, even if much of this tired tale can’t. C
Pucker Up and Bark Like a Dog No, it's not kinky like that, even though Wendy O. Williams, dowager queen of punk, does take a turn in a leather bra. Even though the lead...Pucker Up and Bark Like a DogComedyPT94MR No, it's not kinky like that, even though Wendy O. Williams, dowager queen of punk, does take a turn in a leather bra. Even though the lead...1990-12-21Phyllis DillerIsabel SanfordPhyllis Diller, Isabel SanfordFries Home Video
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jon Gries, Lisa Zane, Phyllis Diller, Isabel Sanford; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Fries Home Video
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'