This October, while in Berlin to shoot the video for ”Night and Day,” U2’s contribution to the Red Hot + Blue AIDS benefit album, the Irish rockers recorded demos for their own LP, due early next summer. Though Daniel Lanois, who produced the band’s ‘87 chart-topper The Joshua Tree, was in on the sessions, a source says the album will be much more dance-oriented than previous efforts. Clue No. 2: U2 have been dancing at Dublin’s Wah Wah Club, where the deejays favor funk and disco. On Halloween, lead singer Bono and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. celebrated Mullen’s birthday at a Wah Wah nostalgia party. The theme? Glam rock, circa 1974.
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!