This October, while in Berlin to shoot the video for ”Night and Day,” U2’s contribution to the Red Hot + Blue AIDS benefit album, the Irish rockers recorded demos for their own LP, due early next summer. Though Daniel Lanois, who produced the band’s ‘87 chart-topper The Joshua Tree, was in on the sessions, a source says the album will be much more dance-oriented than previous efforts. Clue No. 2: U2 have been dancing at Dublin’s Wah Wah Club, where the deejays favor funk and disco. On Halloween, lead singer Bono and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. celebrated Mullen’s birthday at a Wah Wah nostalgia party. The theme? Glam rock, circa 1974.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!