This October, while in Berlin to shoot the video for ”Night and Day,” U2’s contribution to the Red Hot + Blue AIDS benefit album, the Irish rockers recorded demos for their own LP, due early next summer. Though Daniel Lanois, who produced the band’s ‘87 chart-topper The Joshua Tree, was in on the sessions, a source says the album will be much more dance-oriented than previous efforts. Clue No. 2: U2 have been dancing at Dublin’s Wah Wah Club, where the deejays favor funk and disco. On Halloween, lead singer Bono and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. celebrated Mullen’s birthday at a Wah Wah nostalgia party. The theme? Glam rock, circa 1974.
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Daniel Radcliffe morphs into Elijah Wood in mesmerizing GIF
- Mike Mignola previews his final issue of 'Hellboy in Hell'
- 'Transparent' renewed for a fourth season
- 'The Hills' trivia: Can you still identify these minor characters?
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys welcome first child together
- 'Jeopardy!' producer scores Guinness World Record
- Bosnia honors David Bowie with massive mural
- The Best 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' Jobs
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos