This October, while in Berlin to shoot the video for ”Night and Day,” U2’s contribution to the Red Hot + Blue AIDS benefit album, the Irish rockers recorded demos for their own LP, due early next summer. Though Daniel Lanois, who produced the band’s ‘87 chart-topper The Joshua Tree, was in on the sessions, a source says the album will be much more dance-oriented than previous efforts. Clue No. 2: U2 have been dancing at Dublin’s Wah Wah Club, where the deejays favor funk and disco. On Halloween, lead singer Bono and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. celebrated Mullen’s birthday at a Wah Wah nostalgia party. The theme? Glam rock, circa 1974.
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'