This October, while in Berlin to shoot the video for ”Night and Day,” U2’s contribution to the Red Hot + Blue AIDS benefit album, the Irish rockers recorded demos for their own LP, due early next summer. Though Daniel Lanois, who produced the band’s ‘87 chart-topper The Joshua Tree, was in on the sessions, a source says the album will be much more dance-oriented than previous efforts. Clue No. 2: U2 have been dancing at Dublin’s Wah Wah Club, where the deejays favor funk and disco. On Halloween, lead singer Bono and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. celebrated Mullen’s birthday at a Wah Wah nostalgia party. The theme? Glam rock, circa 1974.
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!