This October, while in Berlin to shoot the video for ”Night and Day,” U2’s contribution to the Red Hot + Blue AIDS benefit album, the Irish rockers recorded demos for their own LP, due early next summer. Though Daniel Lanois, who produced the band’s ‘87 chart-topper The Joshua Tree, was in on the sessions, a source says the album will be much more dance-oriented than previous efforts. Clue No. 2: U2 have been dancing at Dublin’s Wah Wah Club, where the deejays favor funk and disco. On Halloween, lead singer Bono and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. celebrated Mullen’s birthday at a Wah Wah nostalgia party. The theme? Glam rock, circa 1974.
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' reveals first plot details
- Anna Kendrick grieves over 'Great British Baking Show' host departures
- Grumpy Cat makes Broadway debut with the cast of 'Cats'
- 'The Tonight Show': James Marsden sings Kenny Rogers to 'get the girl'
- Clive Owen, Dakota Fanning go fast and furious for BMW short film
- Bill Maher and Sarah Silverman call Gary Johnson 'a f---ing idiot'
- Nathan Lane calls Donald Trump a 'bloated piece of candy corn'