This October, while in Berlin to shoot the video for ”Night and Day,” U2’s contribution to the Red Hot + Blue AIDS benefit album, the Irish rockers recorded demos for their own LP, due early next summer. Though Daniel Lanois, who produced the band’s ‘87 chart-topper The Joshua Tree, was in on the sessions, a source says the album will be much more dance-oriented than previous efforts. Clue No. 2: U2 have been dancing at Dublin’s Wah Wah Club, where the deejays favor funk and disco. On Halloween, lead singer Bono and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. celebrated Mullen’s birthday at a Wah Wah nostalgia party. The theme? Glam rock, circa 1974.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Louis C.K. to write, direct, and star in 'I'm a Cop'
- Martin Freeman joins 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Josh Charles joins Masters of Sex in major role
- Exclusive 'Finding Carter' trailer: Carter hooks up with ... Max?
- 'Mr. Sloane' creator talks about his Nick Frost sitcom and the future of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
- U2 puts on surprise performance on New York subway platform
- Sex workers featured on A&E's '8 Minutes' say network failed to offer help, privacy
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!