Since there are only three known images of Emily Dickinson — an oil painting, a daguerreotype, and a silhouette — assembling a picture book devoted to her life could be difficult. And, indeed, this one is a little thin. But Dickinson devotees will enjoy the moderately interesting collection of trivia Polly Longsworth has assembled in The World of Emily Dickinson: letters, journals, photos (of Dickinson’s family and home, and of Amherst, Mass., in her day), even the September 1873 account ledger from the local general store. B
The World of Emily Dickinson Since there are only three known images of Emily Dickinson — an oil painting, a daguerreotype, and a silhouette — assembling a picture book...The World of Emily DickinsonBiography, NonfictionPolly Longsworth Since there are only three known images of Emily Dickinson — an oil painting, a daguerreotype, and a silhouette — assembling a picture book...1990-12-21W.W. Norton
Genre: Biography, Nonfiction; Author: Polly Longsworth; Publisher: W.W. Norton
Posted December 21 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!