It happens every year: Father Time creeps offstage with his scythe, while a diaper-clad New Year strides triumphantly into the spotlight. Thanks to Jack Nicholson and Rebecca Broussard, Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw, among others, 1990 brought a rich crop of new kids to the block. Spielberg’s latest project, Sasha, is even more adorable than E.T., the Boss has somebody who’s clearly born to run, and Nicholson is doing the paternity shuffle for the second time — his firstborn, Jennifer, is 27 (and was an assistant production designer on The Two Jakes). On his performances as a proud papa, the old joker says, ”(It’s) not my most flamboyant role, but I’ve always liked it.” Long life and good health to all of the above, and happy 1991 — what better way to ring in the New Year than with a rattle?
Posted December 28 1990 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!