It happens every year: Father Time creeps offstage with his scythe, while a diaper-clad New Year strides triumphantly into the spotlight. Thanks to Jack Nicholson and Rebecca Broussard, Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw, among others, 1990 brought a rich crop of new kids to the block. Spielberg’s latest project, Sasha, is even more adorable than E.T., the Boss has somebody who’s clearly born to run, and Nicholson is doing the paternity shuffle for the second time — his firstborn, Jennifer, is 27 (and was an assistant production designer on The Two Jakes). On his performances as a proud papa, the old joker says, ”(It’s) not my most flamboyant role, but I’ve always liked it.” Long life and good health to all of the above, and happy 1991 — what better way to ring in the New Year than with a rattle?
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation