Chorus Music of Arnold Schoenberg may indeed be the perfect gift for the man who has everything, but as Mark Twain said of Wagner, the music is not as bad as it sounds. Schoenberg turned to the chorus throughout his long and productive life, perhaps never more effectively than in the 7 1/2-minute ”A Survivor From Warsaw,” written in a white heat upon hearing of the destruction of the Warsaw ghetto by the Nazis in 1943. Few composers have had a more persuasive advocate than Pierre Boulez, himself a great composer and a conductor of international standing. The intricacies of the 12-tone system are child’s play to Boulez (whose own music is far more complex); he leads his forces — and his listeners — through the thickets of ”Friede auf Erden,” ”Two Canons After Goethe,” and the ”Six Pieces” of Op. 35 with consummate ease. A
Schoenberg: Chorus MusicChorus Music of Arnold Schoenberg may indeed be the perfect gift for the man who has everything, but as Mark Twain said of Wagner, the...Schoenberg: Chorus MusicClassicalChorus Music of Arnold Schoenberg may indeed be the perfect gift for the man who has everything, but as Mark Twain said of Wagner, the...1991-01-11
Genre: Classical; Lead Performer: Pierre Boulez; Producer (group): Sony Classical
Posted January 11 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'AHS: Hotel' teasers: What do they mean?
- One Direction break six 2016 Guinness World Records
- See an exclusive poster and trailer for thriller 'Partisan'
- 'Scandal's' Huck and Quinn have some dark plans for Gonzo in 'Muppets' teaser
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!