The recent Masterpiece Theatre adaptation of Evelyn Waugh’s Scoop was so good it was easy to forget that public television’s longest-running drama series has spent most of the past few seasons coasting on its reputation. Now, a reminder of Masterpiece Theatre’s earlier glories is at hand — it’s an eight-week retrospective that Masterpiece is offering to celebrate the series’ 20th anniversary. Starting this week, you can see memorable episodes from old favorites such as Upstairs, Downstairs (Jan. 13), The Flame Trees of Thika (Jan. 20), I, Claudius (Feb. 3), and The Jewel in the Crown (Feb. 24). Watching these, you’ll relive fond memories as well as see Alistair Cooke grow younger, then older, then younger, then…
Posted January 11 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Shins share music video for new song, 'Dead Alive'
- Emily Barr previews new YA novel, 'The One Memory of Flora Banks'
- Niall Horan plays Would You Rather? on 'Ellen'
- WATCH: A bachelor party turns bloody in horror film 'SiREN' — exclusive
- 'Muppet Babies' series revival a go at Disney Junior
- Warren Beatty plays Howard Hughes in final 'Rules Don't Apply' trailer
- Pete Davidson says Kid Cudi's music saved his life
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like