The recent Masterpiece Theatre adaptation of Evelyn Waugh’s Scoop was so good it was easy to forget that public television’s longest-running drama series has spent most of the past few seasons coasting on its reputation. Now, a reminder of Masterpiece Theatre’s earlier glories is at hand — it’s an eight-week retrospective that Masterpiece is offering to celebrate the series’ 20th anniversary. Starting this week, you can see memorable episodes from old favorites such as Upstairs, Downstairs (Jan. 13), The Flame Trees of Thika (Jan. 20), I, Claudius (Feb. 3), and The Jewel in the Crown (Feb. 24). Watching these, you’ll relive fond memories as well as see Alistair Cooke grow younger, then older, then younger, then…
Posted January 11 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Colbert & Corden sing a spectacular rendition of 'Me and My Shadow'
- Whoopi Goldberg and Jimmy Fallon played Nelly and Jeff Daniels in Pictionary
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con