The recent Masterpiece Theatre adaptation of Evelyn Waugh’s Scoop was so good it was easy to forget that public television’s longest-running drama series has spent most of the past few seasons coasting on its reputation. Now, a reminder of Masterpiece Theatre’s earlier glories is at hand — it’s an eight-week retrospective that Masterpiece is offering to celebrate the series’ 20th anniversary. Starting this week, you can see memorable episodes from old favorites such as Upstairs, Downstairs (Jan. 13), The Flame Trees of Thika (Jan. 20), I, Claudius (Feb. 3), and The Jewel in the Crown (Feb. 24). Watching these, you’ll relive fond memories as well as see Alistair Cooke grow younger, then older, then younger, then…
Posted January 11 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Need to catch 'Empire'? Fox airing a full-season marathon on Labor Day
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!