As part of the late-’60s melting pot that brought rootsy Southern music to the rock & roll mainstream, Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett stirred the stew as hard as anyone. Aided by an assortment of sidemen (including Eric Clapton, Duane Allman, and some of Elvis Presley’s band), the talented and influential duo mixed gospel, rhythm & blues, rock, and country for a potent down-home alternative to pop-star elitism. Full of timeless songs and memorable performances The Best of Delaney & Bonnie is an exemplary retrospective that neatly recalls the Bramletts’ career together in an album jam-packed with heart, soul, and amazing guitar licks. A-
The Best of Delaney & BonnieAs part of the late-'60s melting pot that brought rootsy Southern music to the rock & roll mainstream, Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett stirred the stew as...The Best of Delaney & BonnieReissuesAs part of the late-'60s melting pot that brought rootsy Southern music to the rock & roll mainstream, Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett stirred the stew as...1991-01-18Eric ClaptonDuane Allman
Genre: Reissues; Performers: Eric Clapton, Duane Allman
Posted January 18 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!