As one of Nashville’s top session musicians since 1984, 29-year-old O’Connor has played fiddle, mandolin, and guitar on hundreds of records, providing everything from routine backup work for such performers as Lacy J. Dalton and Randy Travis to showcase fiddling on the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s Will the Circle Be Unbroken, Volume Two. Before moving to Tennessee from Washington state, O’Connor reigned supreme on the national fiddle championship circuit, beating out both adults and youngsters for nearly a decade, starting at age 11. The Championship Years, of 40 early live concert performances (1975-84) traces the evolution of his soulful style with traditional fiddle tunes, including fast-paced breakdowns, waltzes, rags, and polkas. Although collections of this sort are inherently repetitive, the songs are also liquid and lively, a toe-tappers’ dream. B-
The Championship Years As one of Nashville's top session musicians since 1984, 29-year-old O'Connor has played fiddle, mandolin, and guitar on hundreds of records,...The Championship YearsCountry As one of Nashville's top session musicians since 1984, 29-year-old O'Connor has played fiddle, mandolin, and guitar on hundreds of records,...1991-01-18
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Mark O'Connor
Posted January 18 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch