The Cinemax cable network’s latest edition of Crazy About the Movies, Rita Hayworth: Dancing Into the Dream is, like all the entries in this series, breathless, fan-magazine fluff. This one features narration so hokey it’s difficult to listen to (”It’s 1927, and movies are the rage for Mister and Missus America….”). Like the Marilyn Monroe documentary Something’s Got to Give, which the Fox network offered last month, Dancing Into the Dream is stuffed with frustrating snippets from great old movies you’d prefer to see in their entirety. Fortunately, however, this skimpy portrait of the sultry Hayworth leads off Cinemax’s ”Rita Hayworth Week” — a daily double feature Monday through Friday, Jan. 21-25. The Hayworth movies include Gilda, Miss Sadie Thompson, Blood and Sand, and the hot-hot-hot Affair in Trinidad. Skip the salute; enjoy the real thing.
Posted January 18 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Behind the scenes of Ellie Goulding's empowering third album
- 'AHS' star shines in exclusive 'My All American' trailer
- Spoilers: Alex Kingston returns to 'Doctor Who'
- Jeff Probst debates the use of challenge advantages on 'Survivor'
- 'DWTS': And the fall 2015 celebrities are ...
- Joanna Newsom reveals new record is 'different from anything I did in the past
- Kevin Gates charged with battery after kicking female fan
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!