The Cinemax cable network’s latest edition of Crazy About the Movies, Rita Hayworth: Dancing Into the Dream is, like all the entries in this series, breathless, fan-magazine fluff. This one features narration so hokey it’s difficult to listen to (”It’s 1927, and movies are the rage for Mister and Missus America….”). Like the Marilyn Monroe documentary Something’s Got to Give, which the Fox network offered last month, Dancing Into the Dream is stuffed with frustrating snippets from great old movies you’d prefer to see in their entirety. Fortunately, however, this skimpy portrait of the sultry Hayworth leads off Cinemax’s ”Rita Hayworth Week” — a daily double feature Monday through Friday, Jan. 21-25. The Hayworth movies include Gilda, Miss Sadie Thompson, Blood and Sand, and the hot-hot-hot Affair in Trinidad. Skip the salute; enjoy the real thing.
Posted January 18 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nick Zano joins 'Minority Report'
- 'Suite Life' stars Dylan and Cole Sprouse swapped places at their NYU graduation
- Mark Waid and J.G. Jones preview powerful historically based comic, 'Strange Fruit'
- All the breakout artists Zane Lowe highlighted during his debut show on Beats 1
- James Gunn absolutely loved 'Ant-Man'
- Gay Men's Chorus of L.A. covers Britney Spears' 'Work Bitch'
- Miss USA Pageant co-hosts quit
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!