The Cinemax cable network’s latest edition of Crazy About the Movies, Rita Hayworth: Dancing Into the Dream is, like all the entries in this series, breathless, fan-magazine fluff. This one features narration so hokey it’s difficult to listen to (”It’s 1927, and movies are the rage for Mister and Missus America….”). Like the Marilyn Monroe documentary Something’s Got to Give, which the Fox network offered last month, Dancing Into the Dream is stuffed with frustrating snippets from great old movies you’d prefer to see in their entirety. Fortunately, however, this skimpy portrait of the sultry Hayworth leads off Cinemax’s ”Rita Hayworth Week” — a daily double feature Monday through Friday, Jan. 21-25. The Hayworth movies include Gilda, Miss Sadie Thompson, Blood and Sand, and the hot-hot-hot Affair in Trinidad. Skip the salute; enjoy the real thing.
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:46 AM EST
- Ariana Grande adds new dates and cities to The Honeymoon Tour
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: The Rock flexes his comedy muscles
- Smashing Pumpkins explore PTSD in "Drum + Fife" video
- 'Sherlock' co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!