The career of thirtysomething shutterbug Melissa Steadman (Melanie Mayron) has been shooting skyward lately: First she snapped Carly Simon’s album cover, then she landed a major magazine feature, then an art dealer mounted a retrospective of her work. All of which is great news for 37-year-old Deborah Roundtree, the California photographer who takes the pictures that fill Melissa’s portfolio. Roundtree got her break through Chiat/Day/Mojo, the ad agency that vets the show’s plot lines for authenticity. ”It’s been wonderful,” says Roundtree, who recently shot several of Melissa’s ex-boyfriends for a ”gallery of failed relationships.” ”I use a lot of black-and-white,” she comments, ”and try to bring a little mystery to it.” That isn’t hard, since Roundtree doesn’t follow her on-screen counterpart’s life too closely. ”To tell you the truth,” she says, ”I don’t watch. But sometimes I have a friend tape it.”
Posted January 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney fast-tracks live-action Cruella de Vil movie from 'Fifty Shades' writer
- 6 must-listen John Lennon cuts in honor of what would've been his 75th birthday
- Dubsmash Wars: Clark Gregg already has a video planned for the losing team
- EW Fest lineup includes Tina Fey, Aziz Ansari, 'X-Files' team, Ryan Murphy & more
- How Shaq became a children's book author with 'Little Shaq'
- Cassandra Clare reveals cover for new Shadowhunters novel 'Lady Midnight'
- Billy Eichner is back on 'Bob's Burgers' as loud librarian Mr. Ambrose