The career of thirtysomething shutterbug Melissa Steadman (Melanie Mayron) has been shooting skyward lately: First she snapped Carly Simon’s album cover, then she landed a major magazine feature, then an art dealer mounted a retrospective of her work. All of which is great news for 37-year-old Deborah Roundtree, the California photographer who takes the pictures that fill Melissa’s portfolio. Roundtree got her break through Chiat/Day/Mojo, the ad agency that vets the show’s plot lines for authenticity. ”It’s been wonderful,” says Roundtree, who recently shot several of Melissa’s ex-boyfriends for a ”gallery of failed relationships.” ”I use a lot of black-and-white,” she comments, ”and try to bring a little mystery to it.” That isn’t hard, since Roundtree doesn’t follow her on-screen counterpart’s life too closely. ”To tell you the truth,” she says, ”I don’t watch. But sometimes I have a friend tape it.”
Posted January 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!