The career of thirtysomething shutterbug Melissa Steadman (Melanie Mayron) has been shooting skyward lately: First she snapped Carly Simon’s album cover, then she landed a major magazine feature, then an art dealer mounted a retrospective of her work. All of which is great news for 37-year-old Deborah Roundtree, the California photographer who takes the pictures that fill Melissa’s portfolio. Roundtree got her break through Chiat/Day/Mojo, the ad agency that vets the show’s plot lines for authenticity. ”It’s been wonderful,” says Roundtree, who recently shot several of Melissa’s ex-boyfriends for a ”gallery of failed relationships.” ”I use a lot of black-and-white,” she comments, ”and try to bring a little mystery to it.” That isn’t hard, since Roundtree doesn’t follow her on-screen counterpart’s life too closely. ”To tell you the truth,” she says, ”I don’t watch. But sometimes I have a friend tape it.”
Posted January 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con: See photos from the Harley Quinn costume contest
- 16 can't-miss Comic-Con Boomerangs from EW's Instagram account
- '24: Legacy' exists in same Jack Bauer universe
- 'Sherlock' Comic-Con panel reveals three key names to tease season 4
- Miles Teller joins Keith Urban onstage for 'My Girl'
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'