Nancy Verde Barr’s nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America’s heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni, is right in step with the current vogue for grandma’s food. Barr stretches her Southern Italian heritage a bit by including some dishes she’s picked up in Italy as well as some newly imported ingredients her Nonna had to do without, but the food is probably all the better for such improvisations. These delectable, emphatic, and uncomplicated dishes come here complete with affectionate memories, historical tidbits, and sound advice on achieving an Italian grandma’s memorable results. B+
We Called It Macaroni Nancy Verde Barr's nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America's heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni...We Called It MacaroniCooking/Home, NonfictionNancy Verde Barr Nancy Verde Barr's nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America's heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni...1991-01-25Knopf
Genre: Cooking/Home, Nonfiction; Author: Nancy Verde Barr; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Azealia Banks: Australian crowds are 'violent' and 'terrible'
- Exclusive clip from TV satire 'Shooting the Warwicks' is unreal
- Diane Keaton joins Jude Law for HBO's 'The Young Pope'
- Someone's made a 'Breaking Bad'-inspired coffee shop
- Netflix cancels 'Lilyhammer' after three seasons
- More Meryl, less Springfield in the new 'Ricki and the Flash' trailer
- Unwrap the red-band trailer for 'The Night Before'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!