Nancy Verde Barr’s nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America’s heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni, is right in step with the current vogue for grandma’s food. Barr stretches her Southern Italian heritage a bit by including some dishes she’s picked up in Italy as well as some newly imported ingredients her Nonna had to do without, but the food is probably all the better for such improvisations. These delectable, emphatic, and uncomplicated dishes come here complete with affectionate memories, historical tidbits, and sound advice on achieving an Italian grandma’s memorable results. B+
We Called It Macaroni Nancy Verde Barr's nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America's heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni...We Called It MacaroniCooking/Home, NonfictionNancy Verde Barr Nancy Verde Barr's nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America's heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni...1991-01-25Knopf
Genre: Cooking/Home, Nonfiction; Author: Nancy Verde Barr; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!