Nancy Verde Barr’s nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America’s heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni, is right in step with the current vogue for grandma’s food. Barr stretches her Southern Italian heritage a bit by including some dishes she’s picked up in Italy as well as some newly imported ingredients her Nonna had to do without, but the food is probably all the better for such improvisations. These delectable, emphatic, and uncomplicated dishes come here complete with affectionate memories, historical tidbits, and sound advice on achieving an Italian grandma’s memorable results. B+
We Called It Macaroni Nancy Verde Barr's nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America's heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni...We Called It MacaroniCooking/Home, NonfictionNancy Verde Barr Nancy Verde Barr's nostalgic tribute to what she describes as America's heritage of Southern Italian cooking, We Called It Macaroni...1991-01-25Knopf
Genre: Cooking/Home, Nonfiction; Author: Nancy Verde Barr; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 25 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pretty Little Liars': Torrey DeVitto says goodbye to Melissa Hastings
- Josh Gad boards Kenneth Branagh's 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Box Office Preview: 'Madea,' 'Jack Reacher' Battle for No. 1
- 'Miss Peregrine's' author to pen second trilogy
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw joins Ava DuVernay’s 'A Wrinkle In Time'
- First 'Nashville' season 5 promo confirms Hayden Panettiere's return
- Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn to perform at EW PopFest