During the last phase of the Vietnam War, a cocky young bomber pilot (Brad Johnson) struggles to get over his buddy’s death in combat. Desperate for some “payback,” he teams up with Cole (Willem Dafoe), a fearless flier on his third tour of duty, and the two men take part in an unauthorized bombing mission over Hanoi. Director John Milius isn’t using Vietnam to make any sort of ideological statement. He’s more concerned with exploring the emotions of fear, courage, mourning. Flight of the Intruder is slow and not very exciting, but for a Milius picture, there’s some real feeling in it.
Genre: Action/Adventure, War; Starring: Rosanna Arquette, Willem Dafoe, Danny Glover, Brad Johnson, Ving Rhames, David Schwimmer, Tom Sizemore; Director: John Milius; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted February 1 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!