During the last phase of the Vietnam War, a cocky young bomber pilot (Brad Johnson) struggles to get over his buddy’s death in combat. Desperate for some “payback,” he teams up with Cole (Willem Dafoe), a fearless flier on his third tour of duty, and the two men take part in an unauthorized bombing mission over Hanoi. Director John Milius isn’t using Vietnam to make any sort of ideological statement. He’s more concerned with exploring the emotions of fear, courage, mourning. Flight of the Intruder is slow and not very exciting, but for a Milius picture, there’s some real feeling in it.
Genre: Action/Adventure, War; Starring: Rosanna Arquette, Willem Dafoe, Danny Glover, Brad Johnson, Ving Rhames, David Schwimmer, Tom Sizemore; Director: John Milius; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- 'Django Unchained' actress pleads no contest to disturbing the peace
- Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black in Extreme makeover: Watch their 'More Than Words' tribute
- Jeremy Renner says he got in 'internet trouble' for Black Widow comment
- Ryan Gosling eats his cereal in tribute to late meme-creator
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Gisele Bündchen, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike & More!