During the last phase of the Vietnam War, a cocky young bomber pilot (Brad Johnson) struggles to get over his buddy’s death in combat. Desperate for some “payback,” he teams up with Cole (Willem Dafoe), a fearless flier on his third tour of duty, and the two men take part in an unauthorized bombing mission over Hanoi. Director John Milius isn’t using Vietnam to make any sort of ideological statement. He’s more concerned with exploring the emotions of fear, courage, mourning. Flight of the Intruder is slow and not very exciting, but for a Milius picture, there’s some real feeling in it.
Genre: Action/Adventure, War; Starring: Rosanna Arquette, Willem Dafoe, Danny Glover, Brad Johnson, Ving Rhames, David Schwimmer, Tom Sizemore; Director: John Milius; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted February 1 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!