During the last phase of the Vietnam War, a cocky young bomber pilot (Brad Johnson) struggles to get over his buddy’s death in combat. Desperate for some “payback,” he teams up with Cole (Willem Dafoe), a fearless flier on his third tour of duty, and the two men take part in an unauthorized bombing mission over Hanoi. Director John Milius isn’t using Vietnam to make any sort of ideological statement. He’s more concerned with exploring the emotions of fear, courage, mourning. Flight of the Intruder is slow and not very exciting, but for a Milius picture, there’s some real feeling in it.
Genre: Action/Adventure, War; Starring: Rosanna Arquette, Willem Dafoe, Danny Glover, Brad Johnson, Ving Rhames, David Schwimmer, Tom Sizemore; Director: John Milius; Runtime (in minutes): 115; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted February 1 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Friends co-creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Get haunted by trailer for 'The Listing'
- President Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season 2 premiere
- Graceland sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!