Leading men are exhibiting great pluck these days when it comes to baring hairy chests: Following Hollywood’s brief fascination with competitively-shaved musclemen (like Stallone and Schwarzenegger) in the ’80s, hirsute heroes are sprouting all over the big screen. At the top of this year’s best-chest list are the luxuriantly forested Andy Garcia, who continues the densely woven Corleone family saga in The Godfather Part III; Joe Mantegna, whose stint as the tank-topped neighborhood bad boy in Queens Logic has already tickled the critics’ fancy; and Nicolas Cage, who thumped his pecs in Wild at Heart. Notable veterans of the mat-pack include Alec Baldwin, Sean Connery, and Robin Williams, who are poised to strut their fluff in the upcoming The Marrying Man, The Stand, and The Fisher King, respectively.
Posted February 22 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tom Holland shares unmasked 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' photo
- 'O.J.: Made in America' is EW's best TV series of the year
- 'Hamilton': Jasmine Cephas Jones bids farewell with stunning Instagram
- See John Cena and Aaron Taylor-Johnson in 'The Wall' trailer
- Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool 2' and new director David Leitch
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Drama Series?
- 'Rogue One': Felicity Jones didn't want Jyn 'running around in a tank top'
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes