Just how many TV characters are members of the class of ‘74? In a recent episode of Fox’s The Simpsons, viewers learned that Homer, now a bald and potbellied father of three, met his future wife, bra-burning Marge Bouvier (no apparent relation to Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis), just weeks before their graduation in 1974 from Springfield High. Was the episode a peek ahead at a 1996 edition of The Wonder Years? By then the ABC sitcom’s 14-year-old hero, Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage), and his tender flame, Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar) — who are currently struggling through ninth grade — will have reached their own 1974 graduation. Making the perhaps dangerous assumption that doltish Homer was never held back a grade, all these characters are today about 34 years old. Could Kevin and Winnie possibly grow up to be Homer and Marge? Or are they those other domestic paragons, Michael and Hope of thirtysomething?
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'TWD': Andrew Lincoln on the 'terrifying, epic' midseason premiere
- Josh Charles congratulates 'Good Wife' team on 'amazing run'
- Key & Peele revive excessive celebration sketch on 'The Late Show'
- 'The X-Files' writer Glen Morgan teases a big showcase for Gillian Anderson
- Wendy Williams scores new red-carpet commentary series
- The Struts premiere 'Kiss This' video featuring tour footage
- Dead & Company announce summer tour