Just how many TV characters are members of the class of ‘74? In a recent episode of Fox’s The Simpsons, viewers learned that Homer, now a bald and potbellied father of three, met his future wife, bra-burning Marge Bouvier (no apparent relation to Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis), just weeks before their graduation in 1974 from Springfield High. Was the episode a peek ahead at a 1996 edition of The Wonder Years? By then the ABC sitcom’s 14-year-old hero, Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage), and his tender flame, Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar) — who are currently struggling through ninth grade — will have reached their own 1974 graduation. Making the perhaps dangerous assumption that doltish Homer was never held back a grade, all these characters are today about 34 years old. Could Kevin and Winnie possibly grow up to be Homer and Marge? Or are they those other domestic paragons, Michael and Hope of thirtysomething?
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good