Mississippi mandolinist and guitar player Stuart has the right pedigree: He started his professional career at the age of 13 in Lester Flatt’s bluegrass band, went on to pick for Johnny Cash, and today has a closetful of bejeweled jackets. But the 32-year-old singer and instrumentalist, who plays what he calls ”hard-rockin’ hillbilly music,” a fusion of rockabilly, bluegrass, and stone-cold country, has never matured into the songwriter people thought he would. He has varying writing success on Tempted with cowriters Paul Kennerley and Kostas, but his finest performances are of songs by the masters, especially Bill Monroe and Hank Williams’ little-recorded ”I’m Blue, I’m Lonesome.” With his colorless voice, Stuart may always be a sideman no matter how close he gets to the solo spotlight.
Tempted Mississippi mandolinist and guitar player Stuart has the right pedigree: He started his professional career at the age of 13 in Lester Flatt's bluegrass...TemptedCountry Mississippi mandolinist and guitar player Stuart has the right pedigree: He started his professional career at the age of 13 in Lester Flatt's bluegrass...1991-03-08
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Marty Stuart
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen calls eviction 'ridiculous and dumb'; says Steve 'chickened out'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!