Despite all her announcements to the contrary, Sinéad O’Connor did make an appearance at the 33rd annual Grammy Awards, but not to accept her alternative-music trophy: A spokeswoman says O’Connor hasn’t received the award from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and will send it back if she does. No, the lockless singer showed up on the T- shirt of Vernon Reid, Living Colour’s lead guitarist. Reid didn’t mention O’Connor when his band accepted a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but later, when asked about his confrontational attire, he said, ”NARAS doesn’t dictate my dress code.”
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos
- Betty White gives 'Deadpool' four 'Golden Girls' in profanity-filled review
- Kanye West tweets about ‘The Life of Pablo’ delay
- See Justin Timberlake's cover of Bell Biv DeVoe's 'Poison'