Despite all her announcements to the contrary, Sinéad O’Connor did make an appearance at the 33rd annual Grammy Awards, but not to accept her alternative-music trophy: A spokeswoman says O’Connor hasn’t received the award from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and will send it back if she does. No, the lockless singer showed up on the T- shirt of Vernon Reid, Living Colour’s lead guitarist. Reid didn’t mention O’Connor when his band accepted a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but later, when asked about his confrontational attire, he said, ”NARAS doesn’t dictate my dress code.”
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?