Despite all her announcements to the contrary, Sinéad O’Connor did make an appearance at the 33rd annual Grammy Awards, but not to accept her alternative-music trophy: A spokeswoman says O’Connor hasn’t received the award from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and will send it back if she does. No, the lockless singer showed up on the T- shirt of Vernon Reid, Living Colour’s lead guitarist. Reid didn’t mention O’Connor when his band accepted a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but later, when asked about his confrontational attire, he said, ”NARAS doesn’t dictate my dress code.”
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'