Despite all her announcements to the contrary, Sinéad O’Connor did make an appearance at the 33rd annual Grammy Awards, but not to accept her alternative-music trophy: A spokeswoman says O’Connor hasn’t received the award from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and will send it back if she does. No, the lockless singer showed up on the T- shirt of Vernon Reid, Living Colour’s lead guitarist. Reid didn’t mention O’Connor when his band accepted a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but later, when asked about his confrontational attire, he said, ”NARAS doesn’t dictate my dress code.”
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chinese filmmaker denies ripping off 'Cars'
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Exclusive: Catch up on 'Rectify' with a 'Serial'-inspired podcast
- Let's rewatch the eerie first trailer for Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'
- U2 releases trailer for short film starring Woody Harrelson
- Mignolaverse and 'Hellboy' welcome iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!