Despite all her announcements to the contrary, Sinéad O’Connor did make an appearance at the 33rd annual Grammy Awards, but not to accept her alternative-music trophy: A spokeswoman says O’Connor hasn’t received the award from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and will send it back if she does. No, the lockless singer showed up on the T- shirt of Vernon Reid, Living Colour’s lead guitarist. Reid didn’t mention O’Connor when his band accepted a Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance, but later, when asked about his confrontational attire, he said, ”NARAS doesn’t dictate my dress code.”
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!