Thomas Pynchon — an acquired taste for anyone who didn’t grow up in the ’60s — reappeared last winter after a silence of six years with VIneland, a postmodern political saga of psychopaths, FBI agents, blacklist veterans, and a family unlike any you’ve ever encountered in fiction before. Reluctant readers of the elusive master will find the going easier this time out; devotees of Pynchon’s more obscure texts can take comfort in the simultaneous reissue of his 1973 Gravity’s Rainbow. A
Vineland Thomas Pynchon — an acquired taste for anyone who didn't grow up in the '60s — reappeared last winter after a silence of six years with ...VinelandFictionThomas Pynchon Thomas Pynchon — an acquired taste for anyone who didn't grow up in the '60s — reappeared last winter after a silence of six years with ...1991-03-08
Genre: Fiction; Author: Thomas Pynchon
Posted March 8 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor: Second Chance' player Stephen Fishbach says 'it haunts me every day, the fact I didn't win'
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!