Rosebud won’t appear in red, even though the color-loving Turner Entertainment Co., with Paramount, will rerelease Citizen Kane in theaters on May 1, its 50th anniversary. ”The original agreement with [producer, cowriter, director, and star Orson] Welles gave him sufficient control that we decided not to colorize it in making the new prints,” says Turner president Roger Mayer. To boost the product, Turner also will offer a video package in August.
Posted March 15 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- The Bachelorette: And the 'winner' is ...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Originals' add a bunch of new faces
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!