Rosebud won’t appear in red, even though the color-loving Turner Entertainment Co., with Paramount, will rerelease Citizen Kane in theaters on May 1, its 50th anniversary. ”The original agreement with [producer, cowriter, director, and star Orson] Welles gave him sufficient control that we decided not to colorize it in making the new prints,” says Turner president Roger Mayer. To boost the product, Turner also will offer a video package in August.
Posted March 15 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Some banned 'Pokémon Go' accounts will be reinstated
- Phil Collins, Leslie Odom Jr. sing 'Easy Lover' at U.S. Open
- Colton Haynes accepts HRC award: 'Equality is our birthright'
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star Darrell Ward dies in plane crash
- Florida Georgia Line talk working with Tim McGraw for 'powerful' new video
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award