Rosebud won’t appear in red, even though the color-loving Turner Entertainment Co., with Paramount, will rerelease Citizen Kane in theaters on May 1, its 50th anniversary. ”The original agreement with [producer, cowriter, director, and star Orson] Welles gave him sufficient control that we decided not to colorize it in making the new prints,” says Turner president Roger Mayer. To boost the product, Turner also will offer a video package in August.
Posted March 15 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Aaron Tveit, Daniel Sunjata sum up 'Graceland' in 30 seconds
- 'Hannibal' boss previews series finale, considers cannibalism
- 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo is like a 'Where's Waldo?'
- Lionsgate planning movie based on 'Borderlands' video game
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!