Rosebud won’t appear in red, even though the color-loving Turner Entertainment Co., with Paramount, will rerelease Citizen Kane in theaters on May 1, its 50th anniversary. ”The original agreement with [producer, cowriter, director, and star Orson] Welles gave him sufficient control that we decided not to colorize it in making the new prints,” says Turner president Roger Mayer. To boost the product, Turner also will offer a video package in August.
Posted March 15 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!