Rosebud won’t appear in red, even though the color-loving Turner Entertainment Co., with Paramount, will rerelease Citizen Kane in theaters on May 1, its 50th anniversary. ”The original agreement with [producer, cowriter, director, and star Orson] Welles gave him sufficient control that we decided not to colorize it in making the new prints,” says Turner president Roger Mayer. To boost the product, Turner also will offer a video package in August.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!