”A lot of stars, in my opinion, don’t appear as glamorous as they should at the Oscars,” laments Fred Hayman, the show’s fashion coordinator, seen here with his German shepherd, Chumley, and a model inside Hayman’s Beverly Hills specialty store on posh Rodeo Drive. ”They don’t give the public what a grand evening like this demands. I think they have an awesome obligation to be glamorous.” Hayman aims to correct this problem. He has agreed to let the women attending and appearing in the Oscar show borrow or order the gowns he gets from the world’s leading designers. For last year’s do, Melanie Griffith, Jessica Lange, Elizabeth McGovern, and Dianne Wiest made the pilgrimage to Hayman’s ritzy racks.
Posted January 17 2015 — 1:02 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!