”A lot of stars, in my opinion, don’t appear as glamorous as they should at the Oscars,” laments Fred Hayman, the show’s fashion coordinator, seen here with his German shepherd, Chumley, and a model inside Hayman’s Beverly Hills specialty store on posh Rodeo Drive. ”They don’t give the public what a grand evening like this demands. I think they have an awesome obligation to be glamorous.” Hayman aims to correct this problem. He has agreed to let the women attending and appearing in the Oscar show borrow or order the gowns he gets from the world’s leading designers. For last year’s do, Melanie Griffith, Jessica Lange, Elizabeth McGovern, and Dianne Wiest made the pilgrimage to Hayman’s ritzy racks.
Posted March 22 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- Westworld finale: 10 unanswered questions
- Westworld: Ed Harris on those big finale twists
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big