”A lot of stars, in my opinion, don’t appear as glamorous as they should at the Oscars,” laments Fred Hayman, the show’s fashion coordinator, seen here with his German shepherd, Chumley, and a model inside Hayman’s Beverly Hills specialty store on posh Rodeo Drive. ”They don’t give the public what a grand evening like this demands. I think they have an awesome obligation to be glamorous.” Hayman aims to correct this problem. He has agreed to let the women attending and appearing in the Oscar show borrow or order the gowns he gets from the world’s leading designers. For last year’s do, Melanie Griffith, Jessica Lange, Elizabeth McGovern, and Dianne Wiest made the pilgrimage to Hayman’s ritzy racks.
Posted March 22 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday
- Carey Mulligan praises Jennifer Lawrence’s wage gap essay
- Taylor Swift fan meets singer before losing her hearing
- See Slash play the national anthem with USC's marching band