Sinéad O’Connor and George Bush may not quite be political allies, but they do seem to be on the same side of one hot issue: N.W.A. (Niggas With Attitude), the controversial L.A. rappers who made headlines with their song ”F— Tha Police.” O’Connor, an ardent hip-hop fan, was scheduled to make a cameo appearance on the band’s forthcoming album, Niggaz 4 Life, but conflicting work schedules got in the way. Meanwhile, the band’s entrepreneurial leader, Eazy-E (above, a.k.a. Eric Wright, 23), jetted off to D.C. for — of all things — a ”Salute to the Commander in Chief” luncheon in Washington on March 18. The National Republican Senatorial Committee sponsored the fete, which featured a speech by President Bush and drew 1,400 Republicans. Wright wore a black leather suit to the event. Why was the rapper and self-proclaimed former drug dealer invited? Apparently his donations to various L.A. charities earned him an invitation to join the fund-raising Republican Senatorial Inner Circle. And Wright’s spokesman says the rapper ”really loves the President. He thinks he’s a great humanitarian and that he did a great job with Desert Storm.” Senators Phil Gramm (R-Texas) and Robert Dole (R-Kansas), who’d asked Wright to attend the banquet, had no comment.
Posted March 29 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor' players reveal whom they want out of the game first
- Demi Lovato pays tribute to late father on anticipated fall album—exclusive details
- See the 'Halo 5' opening cinematic (with Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter)
- Eddie Redmayne becomes 'The Danish Girl' in film's first trailer
- Michael Fassbender rises to power in new 'Macbeth' trailer
- Janet Jackson kicks off world tour with new song featuring Missy Elliott
- Alison Mosshart details the Dead Weather's new album
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!