While much of America stargazed on Oscar night, the luminaries themselves seem to have been fixated on the lone figure of a sleek, golden statuette (quick- dipped in epoxy). So, perhaps caught by its light, they showed up as life- size replicas — in Lurex, sequins, glitter, and shiny lace. From the glimmer of Sophia Loren’s chandelier earrings to the sparkle of Kevin Costner’s silver-tipped shoes, Hollywood radiated.
Posted April 5 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos
- Hannibal Buress joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Baywatch'
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'