While much of America stargazed on Oscar night, the luminaries themselves seem to have been fixated on the lone figure of a sleek, golden statuette (quick- dipped in epoxy). So, perhaps caught by its light, they showed up as life- size replicas — in Lurex, sequins, glitter, and shiny lace. From the glimmer of Sophia Loren’s chandelier earrings to the sparkle of Kevin Costner’s silver-tipped shoes, Hollywood radiated.
Posted April 5 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories
- 'Deadpool 2' loses director Tim Miller