While much of America stargazed on Oscar night, the luminaries themselves seem to have been fixated on the lone figure of a sleek, golden statuette (quick- dipped in epoxy). So, perhaps caught by its light, they showed up as life- size replicas — in Lurex, sequins, glitter, and shiny lace. From the glimmer of Sophia Loren’s chandelier earrings to the sparkle of Kevin Costner’s silver-tipped shoes, Hollywood radiated.
Posted April 5 1991 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday